Friday 28 June 2013

There's music everywhere.........

To begin with the morningchoir with an aweful lot of different birds, that starts  very very early in the morning. We can enjoy their different sounds all through the day when they, mostly the males, are trying to find a mating partner. We have several little birdhouses in trees and one after another has been taking in use. Now we only have to try to keep the cats away from them. but they seem to go more for mice then for birds. Maybe because the catch is easier and more plentyful.

one of the many couples forming these days
The birds are so numerous in sort that we can't keep up identifying them. Which has become some sort of game between Ron and the kids. It really is wonderful to hear all these different birdsounds. Something we never had in the Netherlands. The only "music" we heard there were the cars racing by, planes flying over, screaming weedsmoking neighbours, dogs barking, and the radio from another neighbour with defenitely another taste in music than our ...... what a difference.

Then out of the blue on a fridaynight, 5 minutes after I got home from work, my beloved friend Linda calls. If I had plans for the day after,..... uuhmm not really. if I would like to follow along with her to Stockholm and see Rock of Ages...........
I looked at Ron, got an understanding look and answered...Hell Yeah!!!
She was the lucky one that won tickets on the Hammerfall Facebookpage. The leadsinger from Hammerfall, Joacim Cans, plays one of the leading characters in this musical. Unfortunately her own hubbie could not tag along and suggested she'd call me.....


So on saturday morning we dressed up to go a day out on the town and drove off to big city Stockholm.  Just in time we got to the China Theatre in the towns centre, got our tickets and sat down on our seats. Which happened to be one of the best places in the theatre.
Rock of Ages is a musical in which a story is told through (hard)rock songs from the past. A wonderfull mix of music and comedy we got to see, with some seriously unbelievabely talented people. One well known song after the other. You just can't sitt still and not sing along. Just wonderfull
We had fun allright......

And after the show we even got to meet up and say thanks to Joacim Cans, complete with hugs......
A shame really that the happy mood one is in after such a wonderfull show, almost leaves you the instant you have to pay your parkingticket...... SEK 395 for 3 hours and 56 minutes ( for those thinking in euro's that's 45 whole euro's right there).
A bit of a downer I'dd say.

More music going on, but on a whole other level. The wife  of one of my choirfriends  (also being the mother of another close friend of ours) died. The request of the husband was, to have as many choirmembers as possible attending the funeral service to give his wife a service filled with song (psalm in this case) because she loved that so much. Knowing how much his wife meant to him, and having the honour to have known her and see those two people together, still so much in love after s many years, I could not deny that request. And what a wonderfull service it was. So much more personal than what I am used to in Holland. Even though it is hard to sing beautifull once you're overcome with emotions, I did my very best, along with all the other choirmembers that showed up. I'm sure she was listening high up in the sky ..........

And how full of contrast life can be.
In the evening of that same day me and my friend Linda were supposed to be going to yet another musicfilled show. A movie in Falu Folketshus, organised by Rockstad:Falun. Queen: A Hungarian Rhapsody. Starting of with a short documentary on the band, followed by a full concert of the band in Hungary.

Unfortunately Linda called just before we were supposed to go, she couldn't come along because of  the fact that her son didn't feel too well.
So I set of for a night at the cinema by myself, since the tickets were ordered and payed for .......and I couldn't think of anyone else who wanted to go on such short notice. Queen is just not Ron's cup of tea so to speak..

I must say I had a good time. The movie was wonderfull to watch and listen to, with all the great songs one could ask for. Yet again, sitting still and not singing was out of the question. And that goes quit well if you have plenty of room beside you, since I had one empty chair on one side and two empty chairs on the other side........

What I simply don't understand is that people pay for tickets to a movie like this, and then don't even try to enjoy it. Instead let's gossip about just everybody we know on a decibellevel that everybody around us can hear it. And on top of it all, they can't seem to drag themselves away from their smartphones and Facebook...... Highly annoying and irritating, I must say.
But somehow the movie was that interresting that I managed to shield myself against this stupidity, and sit back and enjoy..........

Still the music wasn't over. There still was Förkläd Gud to be done with the church choir, together with 2 other choirs and an orchestra. Even though I didn't manage to take part in a lot of practise evenings (due to schooltrips and some other musical stuff I had on my agenda) I decided to give it a go. Of course we had to be there well before the churchservice began, in order to have a last little practise. I then found out that we would also be singing For the beauty of the Earth (För all Jordens Härlighet). I did not practise that at all!!!
Nonetheless it all went smooth and personally I think it was a great concert. I went out with a wonderfull feeling after we got a standing ovation from the public. One of the few times the church was full.......
It is not that I have a thing with the man upstairs. I just love to sing, and  with this choir I can do that together with people I know from my own community, and we have Fika!!! every choirevening.....
And when we do sing about God, or how you want to call him or it, I just think of my own "God", which happens to be Mother Nature.

And to top it all off...... we got great reviews in the newspaper....... have a go and try to find me in one of the pictures in this article ( a little help, it's a small picture, click on it :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment